Saturday, June 27, 2009

Reminder to self: Eat only when you are hungry

So I lost 0.6 today at WI. 5.8 lbs total loss. Should have been more of a loss but I let myself go over points later in the week mostly due to work stress.

I shouldn't let work get to me so much. Thing is I always saw myself as a career kind of girl. I'm realizing now I'm really just stuck in a job as opposed to a career with nowhere to go. I'm wishing I could do better for myself but I don't know what the right career is. I also can't help feeling I'm too old to make major changes. Really are student loans a good thing to start at age 40?

I always knew I wouldn't have kids somehow and in a way I'm even surprised (pleasantly so) that I'm married. I figured this would free me up to really make something of my life career wise. I feel as clueless as most high school seniors do but without youth on my side.

I hope I find a rewarding career path for myself someday soon. If not I hope I can learn to be okay with just being my clueless self.

I'm hoping as I find my best body under all this fat I'll also find my true desires and abilities. Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. I have classmates in medical school who are in their 40's and 50's....just sayin :) It's never too late to do something that would make you happy.

    ReplyDelete